Monday, August 15, 2011

Yard wants

I had off work today and couldn't stop reading The Brick House blog.

It got me thinking about all of the things I want for our yard. Both front and back.

Remember this little landscaping update I made this spring? Well. I'm not really into it anymore.

That brings me to want number one. Gravel.

I want a place to sit in the front of the house like the rest of the neighbors. I want gravel. Tiago wants concrete. Whatever. Both would be great. (Though, I personally think gravel would be cheaper and faster, but also give us some nice texture in the front of the house.)

And I also want gravel in the back. Here's a mock up I made on floorplanner.com.


Want number two? Well, we have this wee little hammock currently in the back, but it's just not working for me. I want this one...




Know what else I want? Some nice ornamental grass. All over the perimeter of the back and maybe some in the front too. I love me some ornamental grass.



Want number four is butterfly chairs. I used to have some years ago but I sold them when I left south philly.

(Photo and weird frame courtesy of amazon.com)


There are so many many many other wants that I have for the exterior spaces here at Casa 301, but the last one that really stands out for me is a fence in the back. I'll be honest. Not only does it look like shit back there, but I hate the neighbors behind us. They're rude, crazy and messy (well, their yard aesthetic is messy). I want a nice modern cedar fence that blocks all of their crazy landscaping and overgrown weeds from view. Plus I kind of want to annoy them.

Here's the kind of fence I would really like.


Hmmmm. Big dreamy sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment