Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Carving


Today I carved pumpkins... I have a couple of faces I like to do every Halloween, but I always try to do at least one new design each year.

I didn't go all out this year (usually I can't control myself and carve like ten pumpkins!)

I started with my trusty tools: newspaper, bowls, a strainer (to save seeds for roasting), knives, a cat, a remote control (for the Law and Order marathon) and of course pumpkins!



The large pumpkin had incredibly thick skin. (See what I did there?) No but seriously. That pumpkin was a biotch to carve. The others weren't so bad, but I made the mistake of carving the large one first so I was exhausted after stabbing that one for a hour.




I dried out the seeds immediately and put them on a baking sheet with spray butter, salt, pepper and cinnamon. The results (sorry I don't have a photo) were AMAZING. Yum.

Anyways, here are the results of the jack-o-lanterns.





No comments:

Post a Comment