Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dollhouse Renovations

So first thing, first. Let's strip this house down to bare bones.






Funny thing- stripping wallpaper off a dollhouse is hard. There are all kinds of small tight spaces and even though my hands are pretty small (ring size- 3N) it's super annoying to squeeze your hands in and fix things. After a while I was wondering if it would be more affective to just take the whole thing apart.






But then Tiago had a grand idea- the steamer. So I broke out the steamer and got going!





I also had to break out the windows. Tiago wanted me to try to save them but I was pretty jazzed at the idea of taking a hammer to them. (Yeah. JAZZED.)





Until finally it was looking pretty naked.





Time to start painting. I don't have any shots of the dollhouse in it's priming stage, but you should know that I started by spray painting the whole thing with spray primer. Oh wait! That's after like twenty hours of sanding. Yay. Super yay.


Then I painted the outside walls red, the roof black and the windows and door pink.





The shot above was taken right as I was starting to paint the brick. (As you can see I was working out in the garage into the wee hours of the night. The neighbors kept spying in, probably fearing that they might be unknowingly living next door to someone like this.)



But I finally got all of the brick painted and was super psyched about the results of my work.






2 comments: