Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dollhouse: the after.




For furniture, Tiago and I took a couple of approaches.

First, my mom raided my old toys in her attic and collected a bunch of old, ugly and broken furniture. I fixed them all up with my mad mini skillz.

Second, I drew up some plans for furniture and Tiago and I went to building. We really got into it and can't wait to start our next miniature project. We really want to try building our own modern dollhouse and furniture.



















My mom also found some old dollhouse people in the attic, so I made new clothes for them and fixed them up a bit as well. They were pretty out-dated and ugly.

(Sorry for the poor-quality before photo.)


It's a pretty traditional family- Mom, Dad, Daughter, baby, cat, dog. Hopefully it won't give my niece any ideas about a sibling or cat. (She has no siblings and one dog.)












We also decided to make a drawer at the bottom so my niece can keep everything stored and out of the way. I love how it turned out and it could even be a "secret room" if she wants.






And here are some of my favorites that I made.







This trash can is made out of a whipped cream cap!













And don't forget the before:






We love the finished dollhouse and can't wait for our next one. In fact, there's another dollhouse in our garage as I write....

1 comment: