Friday, April 29, 2011

Bathroom Progress

There is only one bathroom in the house and it was in dire straights two years ago. There were pink walls, broken tile, a hole in the floor and lots of dirt. Lots and lots of dirt. Seriously- I can't stress the dirt enough. It was gross.

First up was emptying the bathroom of its contents. Since we bought the house from an estate (my grandparents estate, but my uncle had occupied the house for 8 years) there were still tons of things in the entire house. Including the bathroom.

After everything was out and we did a thorough cleaning, we set to work.

Tiago painted. Greg the plumber fixed the plumbing and put in a new vanity. Tia Zeta scrubbed the tub. I picked out paint colors and put in a new floor.

Here's what it looked like in progress:





I absolutely loved the tiled floor. (Notice the past tense there?) Yeah. It had a huge, unrepairable hole in it:


So unfortunately we had to go over it. We were looking for a quick fix, since we eventually plan to do a huge reno of the entire space. So while we wait until that reno, we've settled on inexpensive linoleum flooring that looks like wood. It was relatively easy to put in, but kind of hard to cut. Oh well... I'm just waiting for the day we rip it out and put in penny rounds.

I Picked out a neutral gray paint color, from Sherwin Williams of course. I'll explain in another post why I love a neutral bathroom.

But anyways, here's what the bathroom now looks like on any normal day:










Okay. That's all for now. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment