Monday, April 11, 2011

A Grandmother's Love Never Dies...


...and neither do the daffodils she planted in 1959.

Sorry for the corny title and post, but something amazing happened. After Tiago and pulled all of the ivy from the back and sides of the house two summers ago... and dug up all of the dirt and built a patio last summer... and left a pile of dirt in the yard for a year, the daffodils that my Nanny planted (way back in the day) came back!


We didn't see them at all last spring, but they totally sprouted this year! The amazing part is that they came up in a bunch of different areas, including a big pile of dirt that was displaced after we worked on the patio. (The bulbs were most-likely hibernating deep down under the ivy, and when we did all that digging last summer, they were displaced with the dirt all over the yard.)

Excuse me for being so melodramatic, but I can't help but think it's a sign from my Nanny that she's still around. She's still we me at the house and she her love has manifested itself in the pretty yellow flowers in our yard. And even f you don't believe in all that cheesy "it's a sign!" stuff (which I usually don't), it's still a reminder to me of when my Nanny and Pop-pop lived here, and all the love they gave the house. Maybe it's even a Thank-you from my Nanny for putting as much love in the house as she did.



Plus, daffodils are pretty.

3 comments:

  1. It's a sign about how happy my mom is that you are living there and doing so much to make it beautiful. You love it as much as she does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know this! And I have no other words...

    ReplyDelete