Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bedroom Progress

The master bedroom in our house has come a long way. We started with blue, flocked wallpaper (maybe it's nostalgia from when it was my Nanny's room, but I actually loved that wallpaper), turquoise green carpet and a huge hole in the floor.









Tiago took down the wallpaper and painted the room, and after a few months without any furniture, my mom bought us a great bedroom set. Everyone compliments us on our West Elm furniture, but it was actually a bargain, courtesy of Raymour and Flanigan. Great for us- since we love West Elm! The room color is Sherwin Williams Antique White, with Urbane Bronze as the accent wall.







This buddha was a gift from my dad. He bought it in Vietnam (after he was drafted for the war). The mirror was being trashed by my parents, so I spruced it up a bit and painted it with black and bronze.



These paintings are of my friends Natalie, Marta and Kelly. The artist is me!



Here is a (really bad quality) photo of my Nanny looking out of the window:

Here is a shot of the same spot while we were renovating:


And here is the same angle now:


This dresser was my Nanny's, and as much as it pained my mother that I painted the cherry wood with blue paint, I really like the results.



I'll leave you with an amazing photo of my uncle Tom in this room in the 80's. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Uncle Tommy. Even then that outfit was hideous. At least we can laugh about it now. (When are you going to get to the backyard? I think I know I good pic for the end of that post...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.. I'm just waiting until I have a good scanner... then all hell is going to break loose. And the photos of TC in the back yard are the first to be published!

    ReplyDelete