Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Covering Up

So we had a dilemma. The unsightly (but much needed) air conditioning unit in the Dining room. What to do? What to do.

You can kind-of see it in this photo.




You can definitely see it in this photo (which is during the summer when it was in use).


So before the photo above was even snapped (since it's a shot from June 2010 and we moved in the house in November 2009) I had an idea of what we could do to cover up the ugly air conditioner during the fall/ winter months when it wouldn't be in use.

Since I'm a painter (not the house kind- that's Tiago's area) I have about 15 left-over canvas paintings in the attic that are just collecting dust. I decided to get out one of those old paintings and make some updates. I knew it would fit just perfect over the air conditioner. And wa-la! Here it is...
And here's where it lives in the summer months when we're using the AC unit:

(in the summer)


(in the fall/winter/spring)

I'm a genius, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment